Assac Network’s Snapfone
Secured Communication: introduction
Phone and fax communication is an indispensable part of any government, military or business organization. Phone calls and fax messages carry the very latest and most valuable information, placing an organization’s critical assets at risk of eavesdropping and theft. The need to secure communications is complicated by the nature of today’s organizations, in which phone and fax communications are spread out from the center of operations to branch offices, field operatives and home offices.
Snapfone is a compact encryption termination unit capable of securing voice and fax communications across public and private communication networks. Snapfone uses cutting-edge technology to ensure the highest levels of security with minimal voice latency and a completely transparent and seamless user experience.
Snapfone works with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) telephone and fax equipment, thus enabling users to ensure the confidentiality of their communication in their office, at home and while traveling.
The Snapfone device can be configured to work in conjunction with the corporate PBX. Snapfone can be programmed with a predefined list of telephone numbers or prefixes to which all calls originating from within the organization must be secured. Thus, whenever a user dials any of the predefined numbers, Snapfone will create a secure call between both parties, in a manner which is complete transparent to the end-user.
Snapfone’s Key Benefits:
- Highest levels of security (FIPS 140-2 level 2)
- Minimal voice latency
- Transparent and seamless user experience
- Support for point-to-multipoint technology
- Small footprint design
- Termination to Assac Network CryptoSwitch IP Solution
- Works with COTS telephone and fax equipment
- Used on a standalone basis, or as part of managed secured network solution
- Advanced management features
- Remote update and maintenance capability
Snapfone’s Main Features
- List of up to 100 predefined prefixes and telephone numbers
- Authentication and access control capabilities
- Configurable for Automatic Security Start
- Audio and visual notification of security level
- Automatic bypass during power failure
- Software upgradeable
- Caller ID (optional)
- External key management tool (optional)
- Multi-user group authentication using SHA-1
- DTMF over secure channel
- DTMF controlled
- Supports 1-second round trip delay
- Media Encryption: 3DES 192-bit key
- Key agreement algorithm: Diffie-Hellman 1024-bit key
- Voice Compression: G.729A
- Fax Support: GROUP 3, T-30
- Phone Connectors: Standard RJ-11
- RS232 Connectors: Standard RJ-11
- Power Supply: 110/220 VAC (60/50 Hz)
- Power Consumption: 3.5 w
- Dimensions: 150 mm X 45 mm X 90 mm; 5.9 in. x 1.77 in. x 3.54 in.
- Weight: 400 gr. (unit only)
- Temperatures (Indoors): Operation0 to +60°C; Storage -20 to +70°C